Making Your Family Business Work
Is your business hurting because of family problems?
Are you stressed out due to interpersonal conflicts?
Is your bottom-line being affected by family struggles?
If so, we can help!
Sometimes family businesses are plagued by family problems. Combine this with the kinds of economic stresses that face most businesses today, and you can find yourself dealing with challenges, crises, and conflicts that seem impossible to resolve. Even worse, they may be at such a level that they are threatening to sink the entire ship.
Our proven Clearing and Resolution Process® helps your family business make lasting changes through the three-fold focus that we being to your situation:
- Create a Vision
- Enact a Plan
- Work in Harmony
Our Clearing and Resolution Process® works to quickly resolve the following kinds of problems:
- Impasses over direction, decisions, day-to-day operations and goals
- Power struggles
- Different management styles
- Communication problems
- Anger, resentment, and blame
- A family member’s drinking, drug use or other harmful behavior
- Effects of the founder’s vision, management style, and personality
- In-law issues
- Second marriages
- Unfinished business from the past, even from childhood
- Difficulties over inheritances
- Struggles about setting up trusts
- Creating a united vision to carry the business forward
- Deciding whether to sell the business or not
Plain and simple: We get results!
We provide special weekend Clearing and Resolution meetings for your family to resolve your company’s challenges and create a unified vision for the business. Our methods have a demonstrated record of proven results.
The process: We begin with an in-depth phone consultation to get a sense of the issues your family business is facing. Then we move on to the next step.
We arrange weekend meetings with everyone present:
- typically Friday through Sunday
- meetings begin at a set time; the closing time is left open-ended. We work until there is a sense that enough has been accomplished in each session – typically 4-6 hours.
- resolution of the problems or significant change is usually seen by the end of the first weekend.
- additional weekend meetings may be scheduled if needed.
This format works well when family members live in different parts of the country.
If you feel like personality issues, unresolved tensions, or communication problems are causing difficulties in your family business, you can save money, eliminate stress, and free your company to move forward again by resolving the underlying problems.
Highly trained family therapists who understand the world of business will help you clear out all levels of problems
besieging your family business
Family Clearing and Resolution Facilitators: Dr. Linda E. Katz and Jason Saffer, Co-Directors of the Center for Creative Growth since 1986, are a husband and wife team, both raised in multi-generational, family-owned businesses. They know first-hand the benefits and challenges of a family business. With over 35 years experience, Linda and Jason have helped hundreds of families resolve their problems and get their lives and businesses running smoothly again.